Some of the leading sources of information and publications on remittances are listed below. Further information on publications on remittances can be found at the World Bank Payments and Remittances website.
Remittance Prices Worldwide reports:
Remittance Prices Worldwide - Special Issues:
- Digitizing Remittances in the Kyrgyz Republic, August 2023
- UN SDGs - Extended Progress Report: Goal 10, July 2022 (by UN Statistics)
- The journey so far: making cross-border remittances work for financial inclusion, June 2022
- Resilience in the market for international remittances during the COVID-19 crisis, October 2021
- The Impact of COVID-19 on the Market for International Remittances in the Short to Medium Term, April 2021
- Baseline Survey on Remittance Beneficiaries' Financial Behaviors in East Europe and Central Asia, 2018
- Greenback Kosovo: Remittances - A Gateway to Sustainable Development: Lessons Learned from the Implementation of Project Greenback in Kosovo, March 2022
- Bank Al-Maghrib Press Release: Greenback Morocco: The City-Tour - An innovative training-action to improve access to financial services, March 2022
- Greenback Albania: Remittances - A Gateway to Sustainable Development: Lessons Learned from the Implementation of Project Greenback in Albania, December 2021
- Feature Story: Remittance Recipients in Morocco, July 2021
- Brief: Women and Remittances in the Western Balkans, March 2021
- Greenback Morocco: Rapport des résultats des groupes de discussions sur les transferts de fonds, March 2021
- Financial Behavior of Remittance Senders/Receivers in Gradacac, Greenback 2.0 Note, Bosnia and Herzegovina, 2019
- Migrant Workers' Remittances from Malaysia, Greenback 2.0 Johor Bahru Report, 2017
- Migrants' Remittances from UK, London Survey, 2015
- Migrants' Remittances from France, Montreuil Survey, 2015
- The role of transnational family distribution in shaping remittance flows, Working Paper n. 2, 2015
- Remittances and the economic crisis, Working Paper n. 1, 2015
- Migrants' Remittances from Italy, Turin Survey, 2014
- The long and winding road: Remittances and financial inclusion
- Ebb and flow: Remittances in a year of pandemic
- Remittances in times of the coronavirus - keep them flowing
- How can financial service providers move the needle for migrants and their families?
- On the International Day of Family Remittances: the Greenback Runmittance Treasure Hunt in Berat
- How digital remittances can help drive sustainable development
- Paying across borders - Can distributed ledgers bring us closer together?
- What's holding back digital disruption in remittances in Southern Africa?
- Making remittances work for the poor: three lessons learned from three Greenback 2.0 cities in Southeast Europe
- Return to Sender
- Getting SmaRT about reducing remittances costs
- Technology and remittance transfers: the (slow) revolution
- More efficient ways to transfer remittances are emerging. Are migrants and their families ready to benefit from them?
- 'Project Greenback 2.0 – Remittance Champion Cities' Launched in Turin, Italy
- Putting $8.7 billion back in the pockets of Asia’s migrants
- We need to fix the leaks in remittance transfer systems around the world
- How can we cut the high costs of remittances to Africa?
- World Bank Payment Systems and Remittances
- General Principles for International Remittance Services
- Guidance Report for the implementation of the General Principles for International Remittances
- Project Greenback
- Bank for International Settlements
- G20 National Remittance Plans 2017